The Mercedes-Benz W121 190SL was produced from 1955 to 1963 . This left hand drive example arrived to us from Portugal for mechanical and some bodywork repairs.
This Mercedes-Benz 190SL was shipped to us from Lisbon in Portugal with mechanical problems and a desire from the owner to raise the vehicle to the next level of condition.
After its assessment we began work to overhauling the engine unit, replacing the cylinder head, re-boring, specialist re-grinding the crankshaft and changing or overhauling all ancillaries.
The vehicle was fitted with exchange Solex Carburettors, whilst the engine was being overhauled prior to re-fitment our Body shop attended to the cosmetics of the engine bay, stripping to bare metal, preparing and painting, this ensured our signature ‘engine bay detailing to Concours level’.
The bodywork was in good condition except for some corrosion in the floor pans and wheel house areas, this was attended to by welding in new floor pans, priming and finishing in the correct stone chip.
Further works included both axle units dismantled and overhauled as well as being cleaned, prepared and painted.
The braking system was overhauled and a new wiring loom was fitted.
The vehicle was finally completed to customer satisfaction and returned back to Lisbon in Portugal.